November 2015: Monday 2 November saw the UK Chapter of the CTO host 70 media at the Caribbean media awards event at Fox @Excel, next to the West Entrance of the ExCel Exhibition Centre.
The Caribbean Travel Journalism Awards 2015 were presented during a networking evening after the first day of World Travel Market and launch of CTO’s Industry Trends Report. The awards evening was attended by almost 120 guests, comprising visiting ministers and their delegations, UK Chapter members and a wide range of journalists from national, trade, consumer and online media.
The awards consisted of eight different categories: best broadcast, TV and radio feature, best consumer feature, best national newspaper feature, best online feature, best piece of photojournalism, best regional newspaper feature, best travel trade feature and best blog feature.
CTO Travel Journalism Awards winners:
- Best travel trade feature: Winner: Joanna Booth, Take the Plunge, Travel Weekly
- Best piece of photojournalism: Winner: Neil S.Price, Caribbean Blend, Wanderlust
- Best blog feature: Winner: Jane Lovatt, The Trundler’s Guide to Cuba, The Trundler
- Best broadcast feature: Winner: Cherry Dorrett and Dave Edgar, Ainsley Eats the Streets, Snap TV for Channel 4
- Best regional newspaper feature: Winner: Josie Clarke, Caribbean Brings Out the Ninja in Your Kids, Press Association
- Best national newspaper feature: Winner: Nigel Tisdall, Secret and Skies and Fantastical Hills, The Daily Telegraph
- Best online feature: Winner: Nick Trend, Climbing in St Lucia: the Best View in the Caribbean, The Telegraph Online
- Best consumer feature: Winner: Rory Goulding, Great Escape: The Caribbean, Lonely Planet Traveller Magazine
For further information contact Frances Amissah or Helen Coop at Four bgb
t: +44 (0) 20 3697 4200 / e: [email protected]; Alternatively, contact the Caribbean Tourism Organization on +44 (20) 8948 0057
About the Caribbean Tourism Organization
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), with headquarters in Barbados and offices in New York and London, is the Caribbean’s tourism development agency comprising membership of over 30 countries and territories including Dutch, English, French and Spanish, as well as a myriad of private sector allied members. The CTO’s vision is to position the Caribbean as the most desirable, year round, warm weather destination. Its Purpose is Leading Sustainable Tourism – One Sea, One Voice, One Caribbean.
Among the benefits to its members, the organization provides specialized support and technical assistance in sustainable tourism development, marketing, communications, advocacy, human resource development, event planning & execution, research and information technology.
In addition the CTO, in partnership with the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association, jointly and equally owns the Caribbean Tourism Development Company, a marketing and business development entity dedicated to promoting the Caribbean brand worldwide.
The CTO’s Headquarters is located at Baobab Tower, Warrens, St. Michael, BB 22026, Barbados; Tel: (246) 427-5242; Fax: (246) 429-3065; E-mail: [email protected].
The CTO’s New York office is located at 80 Broad St., Suite 3302, New York, NY 10004, USA: Tel: (212) 635-9530; Fax: (212) 635-9511; E-mail: [email protected];
The CTO’s London office is located at The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1BP, England. Tel: 011 44 208 948 0057; Fax: 011 44 208 948 0067; E-mail: [email protected];
For more information on the Caribbean Tourism Organization please visit www.OneCaribbean.org.
Get the latest CTO updates on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ctotourism.
Connect with CTO on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CaribbeanTourismOrganization.