SAINT LUCIA (July 27, 2016) – From the top of the Pitons to the coral reefs dotting the shoreline, Saint Lucia’s natural beauty offers summer vacationers a distinct blend of island adventure and Caribbean vibes. The picturesque island also provides the ideal setting to inspire #UnlockSaintLucia, a social media photo sharing campaign, where Canadians work together to help unlock exclusive, time-limited travel deals for an idyllic Saint Lucia getaway.
Starting July 27 and running until August 31, 2016, Canadian travellers are urged to share photos showcasing their perfect Saint Lucia getaway using the hashtag #UnlockSaintLucia on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. When 25 or more photos are shared each week, a unique deal will be “unlocked” for a limited time, and will be available to Canadiansᵻ travelling to Saint Lucia until the countdown timer at http://www.stlucia.org/st-lucia-rocks/ runs out.
The social campaign runs for 5 weeks, and will feature 7 deals exclusively for Canadians travelling to Saint Lucia, including free admission to some of Saint Lucia’s biggest attractions. The complete list of deals includes:
- FREE beach-side massage for two by Touch Therapies Day Spa.
- FREE tour of the drive-in volcano and soak in the iconic Sulphur Springs mud baths located in Soufrière for a family of four*.
- FREE tour of Tet Paul Nature Trail for a family of four.
- FREE tour of Pigeon Island National Landmark for a family of four.
- 50% off a ziplining tour at Rainforest Adventures for a family of four.
- FREE two-hour pass for a family of four to Splash Island Water Park, the Caribbean’s first open-water sports park, located in the northwest coast of the island.
- FREE Segway tour by LucianStyle Development Corporation for a family of four.
As the entire island of Saint Lucia can be driven in under 2-hours, travellers can easily take advantage of every deal they unlock.
“Summer in Saint Lucia is full of adventure and packed with value,” said Tracey Warner Arnold, Deputy Director of Tourism for the Saint Lucia Tourist Board. “Special savings on tours and attractions found only in Saint Lucia are the perfect complement to summer vacations for both couples and families.”
There is no purchase necessary to claim a deal, and deals will be available to all Canadians travelling to Saint Lucia. Once each deal is unlocked, visit http://www.stlucia.org/st-lucia-rocks/ and complete the simple online form to claim the offers. All deals must be claimed before the countdown timer expires, but can be redeemed up to September 30, 2016. Details for redeeming the deals will be sent by email.
For more information about the island of Saint Lucia, call 1-800-869-0377and visit www.stlucia.org.