Frequently Asked Questions
- SELECTING THE RIGHT MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY
1. What membership category should my company fall under?
The Membership category that will apply to your business will depend on the sector you operate in and where your business is registered. To correctly select your membership category, follow the steps below:
- First we recommend that you review the application instruction guide on How to Join CTO page in the Allied Member section of the CTO website.
- Next, download and complete a copy of the application form. (Adobe Acrobat is required to access the online form, which can also be completed electronically.)
- If you have completed the form electronically, simply save your details and email it to [email protected]
- If you printed the form, please scan the completed document and email it to [email protected]
Please note that if for any reason, you select an incorrect category, you will be advised by our office, before your payment is processed.
2. What are my payment options?
There are several options available to make payment for your membership. They are given below:
This is accessible through the Pay for Membership section on the CTO Allied member mini site. Here, you may select the appropriate category and payment amount. You will be re-directed to the Paypal website, where you may pay us from your personal Paypal account, credit or debit card.
- Check/Money Order
Check or money orders can be sent via post to the office of the Caribbean Tourism Organization-USA Inc. Address: 80 Broad Street, Suite 3302, New York, NY 10004.
- Credit Card
Paying via credit card is one of the fastest and simplest ways to pay us. We accept AMEX, VISA or Mastercard. Once you complete the application form – including your card number and its security code, send the completed form to our offices via email at [email protected].
3. What do you mean when you say “membership fees are based on the location of the business?”
In determining your organization’s correct membership category, please consider that membership now falls under three main categories, these are: CTO Member Countries, All Other Countries and Individual. An explanation of these is given below.
- CTO Member Countries: This applies to those businesses whose base of operation and registration is found within Current CTO Member Countries – click here to see the list.
- All Other Countries: Those countries whose base of operation and registration is in any other country outside of this list
- Individual: Individual membership applies to those companies or organizations which are managed and operated by one person only. In this regard, businesses which have only one owner/one manager but which employ staff do not qualify for individual membership.
4. What kind of business or organization can join the CTO?
The membership of the CTO is open to any company, corporation, firm, organization, agency or individual operating anywhere in the world; providing goods and services to or otherwise engaged in the tourism industry of the Caribbean. Our membership is made up of a wide range of businesses and organizations, representing a diverse range of industries and sectors.
5. How can my business become an affiliate or carrier member?
Affiliate members are organizations in the tourism industry, the objectives and activities of which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, complement those of CTO. Carrier members are international and regional air carriers, as well as international and regional passenger sea carriers serving the Caribbean area. If you are interested in becoming an affiliate or carrier member please contact Faye Gill Director of Membership Services, at [email protected].
- MEMBERSHIP DUES
6. When do I have to pay for my membership?
Membership dues are paid on an annual basis, on the anniversary of your last payment. You will receive a reminder by email to inform you when your annual payment is due.
7. Can my membership dues change without prior notice?
Membership dues are subject to change. We will always endeavour to provide reasonable notice prior to the implementation any changes to membership dues.
8. Will my dues be prorated?
Dues are prorated based on the time of year you join the CTO. If you join the CTO between January and July in any year, your membership will expire on December 31st of that same year. However, if you join between August and October, membership fees will be prorated 50% and you will have until March 31st of the following year to renew. You may also join in November or December of a given year; your membership will expire on December 31st of the following year. Applicants are required to pay the full year’s membership dues upon applying and if applicable, you will receive an invoice from us in December of the year in which you joined.
9. What is the one-time $75 processing fee?
All applications, unless stated are subject to a US$75 application processing fee. This fee is non-refundable.
10. Is there a payment plan available for dues?
The CTO is currently reviewing a system for allowing allied members to pay their dues at set times throughout the year. At this time, we offer our members a pro-rated system of payment for those who join at different times in the calendar year.
11. When will I know if my membership application has been approved?
You will receive an email from our membership department indicating your membership status. A welcome package will also be mailed to your address containing CTO’s official certificate of membership and CTO pin.
- MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
12. How many representatives from my company will be covered under my company’s membership?
Members of the CTO are allowed three representatives at no extra cost; this includes one main representative and two additional reps. An unlimited number of additional representatives are allowed at a cost of US$150 each or US$75 each for travel agents only.
13. What are the benefits of being a member of the CTO?
As a CTO member your benefits include:
- Opportunity to join regional stakeholder committees and special groups.
- Access to CTO communications and other information forums.
- Opportunity to showcase your brand, products and services to regional and international stakeholders.
- Special rates for CTO publications and training.
- Complimentary subscription to the CTO Quarterly Statistical Report and 20% discount on all the other statistical publications. Get more details about CTO’s statistical publications here: http://www.onecaribbean.org/buy-cto-tourism-statistics/
- Access to the CTO bi-monthly Allied Bulletin (features news, industry updates, regional and international opportunities)
- Being highlighted as a featured member on the CTO website and social media pages.
- Being listed on the CTO Allied Members Directory which is promoted to members as a resource database.
- Opportunity to vote and be elected to the CTO Board of Directors.
- Special rates for CTO events.
- Customized sponsorship opportunities.
- Use of the CTO logo for your organization’s promotional materials.
The CTO remains committed to exploring new opportunities, which will increase the benefits to our members and value that you receive.
14. Does CTO offer any training and development opportunities which I can take advantage of?
CTO periodically hosts several training workshops and seminars at a discounted rate for our members. Information on these will be posted to the OneCaribbean.org website and in our member newsletter.
15. How can I access the CTO logo for my company’s collateral/promotional materials?
As a member, you may use the CTO logo on your company website and other collateral materials. To request a copy (high-resolution) of the logo and corresponding brand guidelines please send us an email at [email protected]. Please include a brief explanation of where you intend to use the logo.
16. How can I access recent Caribbean tourism statistics and research?
To access CTOs online repository of tourism data, please go to the CTO website http://www.onecaribbean.org/members-log-in/.
If you do not have your login details please contact Sharon Coward at [email protected].
17. How can I serve on the Allied Board?
Elections for the Allied Board are held every two years at the CTO’s annual State of the Industry Conference. The next elections will be held in 2018. For a list of the current members of the board please go to http://www.onecaribbean.org/about-allied-membership/allied-members-list/.
18. Who should I contact if I have more membership queries?
For more information on membership with the CTO – please feel free to contact us at [email protected].