Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc – Director
The Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual who is skilled in marketing and business development to fill the post of Director within its global team. The successful candidate will commence with initial assignment in the Cruise Department.
The Director will lead the BTMI’s efforts to continuously increase the incremental business opportunities for Barbados in the assigned market in keeping with the strategic plan and stated objectives of the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI).
To be selected for this position the successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills and must have previous experience at a senior level in a marketing or sales environment. The ability to converse in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is preferred.
Success in this role will be measured by the ability to:
- Formulate and implement strategies aimed at business development in the assigned market.
- Effectively represent brand Barbados in the market.
- Oversee the implementation of the BTMI’s public relations and promotional initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the travel trade and tourism partners.
- Successfully lead the business development team assigned to the market.
- Develop positive relationships with the tourism and travel trade.
- Achieve objectives while ensuring the most cost effective deployment of human and financial resources.
The ideal candidate should possess, among other things:
- A post graduate degree in marketing or a marketing-oriented discipline and at least five years’ experience at a senior level in a sales and marketing environment
- An established reputation in marketing
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Proven ability to create and innovate
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and evidence of excellent networking capability
- The ability to effectively articulate ideas
- Solid negotiation skills with a proven record
Suitable candidates interested in this opportunity are invited to submit their application and curriculum vitae to the Director Human Resources and Corporate Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, 2016. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, however unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.