CTO Vacancy: Business Development Representative- Canada
Deadline: January 13, 2017
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), the Caribbean’s tourism development agency comprising membership of the region’s finest countries and territories including Dutch, English, French and Spanish, as well as a myriad of private sector allied members, is seeking a Business Development Representative in Canada.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining consistent interaction with the travel industry, Caribbean Diaspora and representatives of the national tourist office representatives in Canada.
- Creating and implementing a business development plan for the organization for the Canadian market.
- Representing the region at major trade and consumer shows in Canada
- Developing and organizing niche focused training seminars, webinars and presentations to travel agents.
- Monitoring, coordinating and optimizing market initiatives with major partners such as tour operators and airlines.
- Developing a recruitment plan for non-government memberships
- Organizing multi-destination familiarization tours for select travel agents and tour operators.
- Identifying funding sources and soliciting funding for regional tourism programmes.
- Meeting regularly with national tourist office representatives to share ideas, seek input and better understand their challenges, with a view to addressing them.
- Building and maintaining relationships and promoting the region to the Caribbean Diaspora through the Consular Corps and by working with national civic groups.
- Assisting with fund-raising activities for the CTO Foundation
Qualified applicants must have a degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Communications, and at least three years of management experience in the tourism industry. The successful applicant must be willing to travel within and outside Canada. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French are required.
Interested persons are asked to submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae, including two references with contact information to:
Caribbean Tourism Organization-USA, Inc.
80 Broad Street, #3302,
New York, NY 10004
Tel: (212) 635-9530
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday January 13, 2017. Applications are accepted by mail, fax, electronically or hand delivered to the CTO office in New York.
Request for Proposal for a Qualified Agency/Firm to provide Overseas Marketing Representation for Destination Trinidad and Tobago
The Tourism Development Company Limited (“The TDC”) is the implementation arm of the Ministry of Tourism Trinidad and Tobago who is responsible for the marketing and promotion of the Tourism Industry in Trinidad and Tobago. The TDC invites qualified and experienced firms to submit proposals to provide Overseas Marketing Representation for Destination Trinidad and Tobago in the respective geographic markets of United States, Canada, German -speaking Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden and Denmark).