Guyana Tourism Authority Vacancy: Director
The Guyana Tourism Authority is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Director. The Director will be required to undertake the critical responsibility of fiscal integrity for the entire organisation and is expected to work with the Board of Directors to determine the focus and direction of the agency
A first Degree in a relevant field such as communications, business administration, or tourism /hospitality management from a recognised University with at least five years of administrative experience in a tourism or tourism-related entity, at least three of which have been in a supervisory capacity.
The applicant must have a very good command of the English Language both spoken and written, and excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills also relevant experience in fundraising, sales and/or marketing.
- Duties include
- Developing a tourism budget for the agency
- Gathering data and preparing annual tourism situational analysis for the Board of directors
- Overseeing design/printing of marketing publications
- Preparing and delivering presentations to both local and regional civic and governmental organisations on Tourism
- Overall responsibility for the supervision of all assigned staff to the agency
Application with a detailed CV should be sent to the address below no later than 21st September, 2017:
CTO Requests for Proposals
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), with cooperation and technical assistance from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is in the process of implementing the “Supporting a Climate Smart and Sustainable Caribbean Tourism Industry (CSSCTI) project, with a grant from the ACP/EU/CDB Natural Disaster Risk Management Programme, managed by the CDB. The primary objective in this regard is to enhance tourism sector resilience to climate variability and climate change and associated impacts, while also contributing to the sustainability and global competitiveness of the Region’s tourism destinations.
The CTO invites consultants to submit Expressions of Interest in fulfillment of the Terms of Reference outlined in the attached Request for Expressions of Interest as follows:
- Download RFP: Consultancy Services for the Update of the Caribbean Sustainable Tourism Policy Framework
- Download RFP: Consultancy for the Update of the Multi-Hazard Contingency Planning Manual for the Caribbean Tourism Sector
Deadline for the submission of Expressions of Interest is no later than Thursday October 5th, 2017 at 12:59PM Atlantic Standard Time (AST).