CTO Vacancy: Director of Research
Deadline: April 28, 2017
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is seeking to fill the position of Director of Research.
The Director of Research is a management position at CTO’s Headquarters in Barbados, reporting to the Secretary General. The Director will lead and oversee the technical aspects of the research function; supervise research staff and ensure timely, tangible outputs of the Division. In addition, the individual will work closely with the CTO member countries’ tourism research and tourism statistics agencies as a partner in helping them achieve greater efficiency through training, capacity building and provision of technical assistance.
A key responsibility will be to identify and secure financial and human resources for the activities of the Division. Other responsibilities of the position are to:
- Oversee the research operations of the CTO, including those in its overseas entities;
- Determine the research agenda in collaboration with the appropriate sub-committee of the Board of the CTO and prepare the related work plan of the Division;
- Develop strategic initiatives for the Organization to maintain and enhance the position of the foremost tourism research entity in the region;
- Commission, where appropriate, research in areas consistent with the Organization’s strategy and research agenda;
- Interact with the member countries, partners and regional and international bodies to establish information systems to monitor, evaluate and disseminate essential performance measures of Caribbean tourism on an ongoing basis;
- Initiate and propagate systems and procedures to facilitate the timely processing, analysis and dissemination of tourism statistics and research for the region as a whole;
- Preview and supervise all contractual arrangements and agreements that the Organization enters into in relation to research;
- Direct and coordinate the work of all research staff, consultants and related contractors across all offices of the Organization to ensure the production of timely and accurate reports and publications of the highest standard;
- Cooperate with the Director of Finance and Resource Management in the preparation and monitoring of this department’s budgets;
- Develop and implement strategies for revenue generation from the work of the department by way of e-commerce and other means;
- Represent and promote the research interests of the Organization adding to the body of knowledge through the publication of reports and papers, delivery of presentations, and by encouraging and identifying opportunities for research staff and partners to do the same;
- Participate in and co-ordinate the research activities related to regional tourism in conjunction with other regional and international institutions, including universities, in support of CTO’s mandate and strategic objectives;
- Build relationships and partnerships with tourism research organizations and entities regionally and internationally, to encourage the exchange of research data, tourism publications etc. and to maximize the synergies to be gained through collaboration and cooperation in areas of research that are mutually beneficial; and
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing with CTO’s members and partners at every opportunity.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Must possess advanced skills in research including a track record for producing and presenting tangible deliverables in a timely and acceptable fashion.
Specific skills and qualifications include:
- Understanding of research methodologies and ability to apply such knowledge to the tourism research landscape;
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present and disseminate research findings in a way that will be engaging and useful to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to judiciously determine the manner of communication and dissemination of new research findings to the CTO’s membership;
- Computer skills, particularly with Advanced Statistical Software (e.g. SPSS) and Microsoft Office suite of applications;
- Ability to foster CTO member relationships that lend to the smooth coordination of regional tourism research systems;
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving and adaptability;
- Ability to write project proposals to meet the requirements of international and regional financial institutions and donor agencies;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Proficiency in another language would be a valuable asset;
- Knowledge of the regional tourism sector.
Minimum qualifications for the position include a Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Tourism or a relevant field in social science and ten (10) years post-graduate working experience in research especially related to tourism including at least five (5) years at a senior professional level.
The Director must also possess an ability to think strategically, delegate responsibility, build consensus and communicate effectively at the highest level with governmental agencies and senior tourism practitioners across the region as well as internationally and advocate effectively in an organization that caters to a diverse membership, with varying needs. The Director must work closely with the CTO’s IT department in the development and execution of activities and programmes that are related to the work plan of the research department.
Interested candidates must supply a letter of interest and curriculum vitae which includes the names of two persons, with their contact information, who can act as references. Applications can be made by mail, fax, electronically or submitted by hand to the CTO office in Barbados. All applications must be addressed as follows:
Application for the post of Director of Research
Attn. Director of Resource Mobilization and Development
Caribbean Tourism Organization
7th Floor, Baobab Tower
Warrens, St. Michael, Barbados
Tel: (246) 427-5242; Fax: (246) 429-3065
The deadline for applications is 28 April, 2017
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority: Operations Manager
The Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Operations Manager in the Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Office in Antigua.
Essential Role and Functions
The Operations Manager will manage the office of ABTA. She/he will in collaboration with the ABTA CEO Lead Manage and Supervise the tourism teams to meet the organizational objectives. This position is responsible for assisting in the management of the marketing, purchasing and finance associated with this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess experience in managing others
- Possess an understanding of organization goals, and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, coworkers, and general public
- Knowledge of profit and loss (P&L) statements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Possess self-motivational skills and hands-on management approach
- Exceptional Organizational Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Human Relations Skills
- Proactive Approach • Business Savvy
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in Management or in related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Qualification in Project Management would be an asset
Please submit a resume and cover letter with two references to: Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Authority, ACB Financial Centre, P.O Box W351 High Street, St. John’s Antigua. Email: [email protected]
All applications must be received by Wednesday 3rd May, 2017.
Cayman Islands: Invitation to Tender
On behalf of the Government of the Cayman Islands, the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism (CIDOT) invites eligible agencies to submit their proposal to provide marketing and advertising services for the CIDOT in support of their Canadian marketing initiatives, covering all mediums and marketing communication channels. Our objective is to ascertain your experience, expertise and compatibility with the Cayman Islands destination and CIDOT’s strategic objectives.
Submissions to provide bid proposals should demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience in advertising communications within the core geographical targets in Canada
- Relevant experience and understanding of Cayman’s tourism industry
- Demonstrated capabilities and understanding of the international travel and tourism industry, including air travel, hotels, and destination management companies (DMCs), etc.
- High level of commitment to client service in terms of quality, thoroughness of strategic approach and follow through
- Ability to establish strong rapport with representatives of the Cayman Islands Government tourism staff and other programme stakeholders (e.g., private sector, industry associations, etc.)
- Existing and effective planning and cost control mechanisms
- Forward thinkers in terms of marketing and consumer trends
- Proven track record through key success indicators and results with other client accounts
- Demonstrated strong background in digital media solutions
Interested parties should obtain and download the full invitation to tender document at web address: http://www.caymanislands.ky/canadaadrfp
All proposals should be emailed to [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 5pm (CST) on Wednesday 3 May 2017. Submissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Any clarification of proposal content can be directed in writing (via e-mail) to Oneisha Richards at [email protected]
Any tender clarification that may take place shall not be considered a tender negotiation but shall be deemed a clarification in areas of uncertainty with the tender submission; any tender clarifications, brought to the attend of the identified contact, above, must be submitted in writing at the earliest opportunity and well before the date for the return of the tender. Queries will only be accepted between 4 – 14 April 2017 at 5:00p.m. (CST).
Consultancy for the Establishment of a Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Regulatory and Licensing Authority