Tortola, British Virgin Islands (August 29, 2017) — The British Virgin Islands Tourist Board (BVITB) is excited to announce the fourth annual BVI Food Fete, a month-long festival that celebrates the culinary offerings of the BVI. Featuring visiting chefs, bar crawls, special tasting menus, and more, Food Fete is a true showcase of the islands’ brightest flavors. Festivities kick off on November 3rd , and culminate with the popular Anegada Lobster Festival on November 25th and 26th.
Highlights of this year’s festival include the Barefoot Gourmet Soiree, the Jost Pork Festival and the Taste of the BVI events. Throughout the month of November, visitors can also enjoy some of the BVI’s classic cocktails during spirited happy hours and bar crawls.
“We’re thrilled to announce the lineup of exciting events for the fourth annual BVI Food Fete,” Director of Tourism Sharon Flax-Brutus said. “This will be a month full of gourmet adventures. It’s the perfect way to learn about and experience the bold flavors of the islands, alongside a talented group of visiting chefs and a fantastic list of participating restaurants, bars and properties throughout the BVI.”
With the emergence of the Guana Visiting Chef Series, the recent Minority Chefs Summit and the success of the BVI National Culinary Team, The British Virgin Islands are quickly becoming the culinary capital of the Caribbean.
Food Fete is scheduled to begin on November 3rd:
Taste of Tortola – Friday, November 3rd on Tortola
- An opportunity to sample tantalising food, incredible wines and amazing entertainment on the water’s edge! We are excited to bring together a cross section of BVI restaurants, eateries, visitors and residents into one location to celebrate food.
Jost Pork Festival – Saturday, November 4th & Sunday, November 5th on Jost Van Dyke
- Join the Jost Van Dyke community as the island is turned into a Pork Lovers Paradise for a two-day culinary experience.
Guy Fawkes Night – Sunday, November 5th on Jost Van Dyke
- Guy Fawkes, an English Catholic, was a part of a secret plot to assassinate King James by setting the British House of Parliament on fire. This plot was ultimately foiled, and on November 5, 1605 revelers held a jubilation over the King’s escape. Get your Guy Fawkes masks ready and join in this time-honored BVI tradition!
Barefoot Gourmet Soiree – Friday, November 10th at Peter Island Resort & Spa
Hosted by visiting celebrity chefs, The Barefoot Gourmet Soirée is a stellar culinary event that also highlights renowned local chefs and showcases an array of Caribbean cuisine.
Peter Island Caribbean Food & Wine Festival – Friday, November 10th & Saturday, November 11th at Peter Island Resort & Spa
Peter Island’s Caribbean Food Festival is a culinary event that brings chefs from various Caribbean islands to celebrate Caribbean food and cooking techniques. Nestled in the charm and beauty of Peter Island Resort & Spa, the exclusive resort is a getaway for some of the world’s “A-listers”.
Taste of Virgin Gorda – Saturday, November 18th at Nail Bay Ruins
The 5th Annual Taste of Virgin Gorda takes place in the beautiful and historic Nail Bay Sugar Works ruins. Don’t miss your chance to sample delicious cuisine, incredible wines, and amazing entertainment! We are excited to bring you a wide cross-section of Virgin Gordian based restaurants in one location under the stars, while you listen and dance to some of the best live music in the Caribbean.
Cooper Island Rum Festival – Sunday, November 19th at Cooper Island Beach Club
- A day for rum lovers! Join Cooper Island Beach Club for their 2nd annual Rum Festival. Rum-inspired sweet & savoryspecialty cocktails and live entertainment are the order of the day. This sailors delight is home to an island party that you do not want to miss… lest you be forced to walk the plank!
Anegada Lobster Festival – November 25th & 26th on Anegada
- The Anegada Lobster Festival Turns 5! Join the Anegada Community and fellow Caribbean spiny lobster lovers along the shores of Anegada for the 5th annual Anegada Lobster Festival.
BVI Food Fete Bar Crawls
- BVI Food Fete Bar Crawls are fun filled adventures that take you around each participating island, visiting some of the best and most fun establishments on the island. The bar crawls include games, music, food, and fun, fun, fun! All bar crawls include transportation, t-shirt, random celebratory drinks, fun, games and prizes.
All BVI Food Fete Bar Crawls are sponsored by Caribbean Cellars, one of the premier beverage distributors in the Caribbean
Saturday, November 4th
Venue: Jost Van Dyke
On the Rocks Crawl
Saturday, November 18th
Venue: Virgin Gorda
Friday, November 24th
To view a full schedule of events, find ticket information and more, please visit www.bvifoodfete.com.