The Successful New Manager Webinar Series enables new and aspiring managers to develop their management skills, confidence and effectiveness - while performing their jobs - with training that's integrated into their day-to-day workflow. Based on Harvard's Stepping Up to Management online course, this blended learning program puts managers on the right track so they can be effective and successful much quicker than is normal. This program is delivered through 8 interactive online webinars.
1. Understanding The Manager’s Role: Discover management misconceptions, how to transition, and how to avoid common mistakes made by new managers
2. Producing Results through Others: Learn to manage relationships, develop a management style, and build employee relationships based on trust.
3. Developing & Managing People: Understand the importance of recognizing accomplishments, helping employees grow and develop their skills, setting objectives, delegating effectively, and coaching direct reports.
4. Organizing for Effectiveness: Handle administrative responsibilities efficiently, hold meetings effectively, and manage your time.
5. Cultivating High Team Performance: Discover the key elements of creating a high-performing team— establishing clear processes, clarifying communication standards, developing group norms and culture, and determining team performance measures.
6. Supporting Your Boss & Organization: Understand your boss’s agenda, foster an atmosphere of partnership, develop unit and individual performance goals, and align those goals with the company’s strategic objectives
7. Building Your Network: Cultivate relationships with people both inside and outside your organization, and develop influence strategies to build and strengthen your network.
8. Evolving Your Leadership: Examine your transition into management, evaluate your role as a manager and a leader, and create a continuous learning path
Within 1 month of starting the program I reduced the backlog in one of our main functions by 82%. My supervisor and the AVP have expressed their delight with the drastic improvements. I thank my supervisor and the HR & Training Department for choosing me for this course. It has greatly assisted me in understanding my role, managing my resources while working with others to achieve set goals.
- – Erica Prendergast, Team Leader – Sagicor Life
“The material and the delivery were impressive. I am happy that I was nominated for such an interesting, hands-on program and willingly recommend it to all my colleagues. I have freed up so much time and space from the insights and tool. I believe this is a fantastic program that will produce professional and efficient Managers anywhere.” – Dennis Beckford, Senior Operations Officer – Bank of Jamaica
- Eight 2 ½ hour webinars from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM EST.
- Webinars every 3 weeks.
- 1 year’s access to the 8 module Stepping up To Management online Course.
- Action Plan & Coaching support to implement each module.
- Certificate of Completion received for meeting the program requirements.
- Computers with reliable internet connection and headsets with microphones Or dial in to Overseas conference line is required for webinars
All Modules - U$775/person
4 Modules*- U$480/person
2 Modules*- US$290/person
* Not eligible for Successful New Manager Program Certification but will receive certificate for each of the specific modules completed.
Caribbean Tourism Organization
Mrs. Bonita Morgan or Mrs. Marvelle Sealy
Tel: 246-427-5242 Fax: 246-429-3065
E-mail: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Exclusive In-House Program Available