About The Award
In the Caribbean, Sustainable Tourism Development is understood as “the optimal use of natural, cultural, social and financial resources for national development on an equitable and self-sustaining basis to provide a unique visitor experience and an improved quality of life through partnerships among government, the private sector and communities” (CTO Caribbean Sustainable Tourism Policy Framework, 2008).
In keeping with its mandate, CTO created the Caribbean Sustainable Tourism Awards aimed at identifying and showcasing Sustainable Tourism Good Practices in the Caribbean. The Awards recognize individuals, groups, organizations or companies in any CTO Member Country which have developed responsible and unique tourism products, or are engaged in implementing tourism-related initiatives which embrace sustainability principles and core values. Without question, recognized initiatives also help to enhance national tourism product offerings and advance sustainable and responsible tourism in the Caribbean.
There are currently seven (7) Sustainable Tourism Award Categories namely:
1. Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
2. Destination Stewardship
3. Sustainable Accommodation
4. Community Benefit
5. Heritage Protection
6. Biodiversity Conservation
Calling all designers and graphic artists aged 18 and over to make your mark on the Caribbean Sustainable Tourism Awards. This is your chance to design the Awards Logo in support of the Caribbean Tourism Organization’s (CTO) Work Programme, and your opportunity to win bragging rights in an initiative that celebrates sustainability champions in tourism – the most important industry in our region.
This Logo Design Competition is open to nationals of CTO member countries, aged 18 years or older. Submissions are due by 5PM (AST) on Friday 30th June 2017, and a final selection will be announced by Monday 17th July 2017. The following judging criteria will apply:
- The design must be unique and original;
- The design must reflect the feel and atmosphere of the Sustainable Tourism Awards;
- The design must be clearly identifiable as CTO’s Sustainable Tourism Awards;
- The design must be easily reproducible on trophies / plaques/ certificates etc;
- The design must represent the essence of sustainability in Caribbean Tourism;
- The design must only utilise official CTO colours.
1. Logo submissions should be done in JPEG format using the CMYK colour coding;
2. You must submit five (5) versions of your logo as follows:
a. A small coloured print version 3/4” in diameter at 150 dpi
b. A small grayscale print version 3/4” in diameter at 150 dpi
c. A small coloured online/digital version 180p x 180p
d. A large high resolution coloured print version, copy sized, at 300dpi
e. A large high resolution grayscale print version, copy sized at 300dpi
3. The artwork should be a combination of both text and illustration, and must include the words “Caribbean Sustainable Tourism Awards”.
4. All branded elements must be clearly labelled on submission version ‘2d’ (listed above).
Entries should be submitted via email, and should take into account the aspects listed below:
1. A cover sheet containing :
a. The designer’s name, nationality and contact information – i.e. Address, E-mail and Telephone. (Winner must provide proof of nationality via Government ID);
b. A short write-up (max 200 words) detailing your logo inspiration and rationale;
2. The original vector files of the five (5) required design versions in Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Free Hand only, submitted via dropbox link;
3. CTO does not accept any liability for the corruption of files submitted.
4. The adjudged winner is required to make all requested changes to their winning entry, if such is deemed required by the CTO;
5. For final submission, questions, or to request additional details, contact our Sustainable Tourism Consultant, Kennedy Pemberton at [email protected]
The logo must be a 100% original and unpublished work. The entrant is responsible for the contents of the artwork which cannot include copyright protected material. The entrant must have the rights for all the texts and images used, and the artwork must not benefit any company, organization, political party, or official interest group by the use, for instance, of logos or brand symbols that belong to any entity. There can be no reference to your identification included in or on the entire artwork.
Award & Recognition
- $300 USD in Cash
- Recognition on the CTO Website
- Recognition at the 2017 Sustainable Tourism Awards Presentation
- Recognition in the official programme booklet of a major CTO Event in 2017