Port of Spain, Trinidad –Monday February 27, 2017 – Leve the event, carded to take place on Sunday May 06, 2018 at Villa Being in Arnos Vale Tobago, targets the multi-billion romance market, which in spite of current hardships, continues to grow. Romance travel is one of the travel industry’s fastest-growing and most profitable year round niches. Fortunately, romance travel is about more than just weddings and honeymoons. Many romantic milestones are celebrated with trips abroad and involve group bookings and come with the increased possibility of future stays.
The 2017 IBIS World Report – Wedding Services – US Market Research, estimates that the wedding industry now accounts for over US $300 Billion (~TTD 2 Trillion) a year in global revenues. According to the 2016 Travel Report, the Caribbean is still the “it” spot for destination weddings. The idyllic island of Tobago is certainly poised to capitilse on this “love in the air” aura. With beautiful sunsets over strikingly romantic beaches, breathtaking landscapes, kaleidoscopic reefs, enticing cuisine and an outstanding cultural wealth, Tobago can effectively compete in the Caribbean romance market.
Leve 2018, organised by the Leve-Global Group, is the brain child of international tourism consultant Dr. Auliana Poon. Leve, a Caribbean fashion and lifestyle, aims to be a growth catalyst for sellers and promoters of weddings and honeymoons, bridal publications and websites as well as wedding planners and service providers in Trinidad and Tobago.
On May 06 local and international media, fashion patrons, culinary connoisseurs and Trinbagonians alike will get a taste of the romantic island paradise of Tobago like they have never had before at Leve 2018.
With its theme of “Love is in the Air, the objectives of Leve the event are as follows:-
- To showcase talented local fashion designers, culinary practitioners, accessories producers and entertainers to an international audience.
- To demonstrate that Tobago has all of the essential ingredients for truly exceptional wedding experiences – from horticulture, beverages and spirits, photography, to fashion, décor, event planning, catering services, and so much more – at a fraction of the cost they might pay in their home countries.
- To generate local and international publicity for Tobago as a Romance Caribbean Destination.
Under the patronage of Dr Denise Tsoi-a-Fatt Angus, Presiding Officer of the Tobago House of Assembly, Leve 2018 will showcase, among other things:
- The latest fashion trends from an eclectic mix of established and emerging designers including Caribbean couture and bridal wear designer Heather Jones, urban menswear designer Marlon George, urban chic fashion designer Dayle Angus of the House of Abeje Designer Clothing and hand painting textile designer Caffey Daniel
- The creative artistry of Richard Young and Dominique La Roche
- The mouth-watering and sensually tantalising culinary treats from Executive Chef Adrian Cumberbatch
- The paintings of fine artist Kenwyn Crichlow and Tomley Roberts of Prestige Arts
- The leather craft of Tobago’s foremost artisan Ted Arthur
According to Dr. Auliana Poon, Managing Director of Leve-Global, “Love is recession proof and there is no better place to fall in love and say “I do”, than in Tobago. Indeed, one of the largest travel information sites, TripSavvy, has stated that almost one-quarter (24%) of marriages take place at a destination outside their country of residence and 340,000 destination weddings take place per year. In fact, TripSavvy estimated that the destination wedding market accounts for US$16 billion per year with an average budget spend for the wedding being US$28,000. All of this amounts to an awesome business opportunity for those catering to this market. In fact, Leve-Global estimated that just 0.1% (one-tenth of a per cent) of the global wedding market could impact the Tobago economy – a TTD 2 Billion a year in revenue for an island of just over 60,000 persons”.
Dr. Auliana Poon goes on to explain that “Leve has a lot of potential to propel the island even further on the international scene, especially through the country’s fashion and culinary industry. We are so ecstatic to be partnering with the best talents in Trinidad and Tobago to expose our culture, cuisine and our way of life”.
The partners of Leve the event include the Ministry of Tourism, the Division of Tourism, Culture and Transportation of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA), Mt. Irvine Bay Resort, Pigeon Point Heritage Park, Daisy’s Weddings, Exotic Caribbean Mountain Pride Limited, Tobago Bridal Association, Tobago Hotel and Tourism Association, Caribbean Video and Television Production Company JCD & Associates and Marcellin’s Creations and Media Works.
February 28, 2018
For more information, contact:
Kevon Wilson, Senior Analyst Phone: (868) 676-6165
Leve-Global Fax: (868) 676-6093
8 Dove Drive, Pax Vale, Santa Cruz
Trinidad and Tobago, WEST INDIES
ABOUT LEVE GLOBAL
Leve-Global (formerly Tourism Intelligence International), founded by Dr. Auliana Poon, comprises the under-mentioned brands: –
- Leve Analytics
- Leve-The Event
- Leve Academy
- Villa Being Tobago, and
- Uplift – the Platform for exceptional talent
With more than twenty-five (25) years of experience, operating in more than 100 countries around the world – from Australia, Angola, Argentina and Austria to Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, USA, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Seychelles, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe, Leve-Global seek to uplift (Leve) people and planet in Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean and, indeed, the world at large.