As a member of the CTO you have the opportunity to contribute your expertise to the development of our regional programming. Our allied members’ involvement in the CTO is extended to the levels of CTO Board of Directors and CTO Executive Committee.
Council of Ministers – comprised of Ministers and Commissioners of Tourism, Secretaries of State for Tourism or others of equivalent rank and represents the highest policy making body in the organization.
Board of Directors of CTO – the highest Executive Body of the Organization and is responsible for the overall direction of the activities and programmes of the organization within the policies prescribed by the Council of Ministers & Commissioners. It comprises the Directors of Tourism representing the Government membership, together with the hotel and other tourism private sector members.
Private sector members are represented in the following ways: Five (5) Allied Members (these form the Allied Members Board), Six (6) Carrier Members, and Three (3) Cruise-related Members. The Board’s responsibilities include:
- Reviewing tourism programmes and activities
- Approving the CTO Work Plan
- Reviewing the CTO Budget and Audited Financial statements
- Establishing Technical Committees
Allied Members Board
Given the diverse interests represented amongst the Allied Members, an Allied Board was established to consolidate and articulate the Allied Member’s needs.
The Allied Members Board’s responsibilities include:
- Lending expertise to the development of regional programmes
- Assist in planning the annual Caribbean Marketing Conference
- Assist in recruiting non-government members
- Representing the Allied Members interest at the Board of Directors level
The new members of the CTO Allied Board, elected for the period 2020 to 2022 are:
- Barry Brown, Executive Director, Caribbean; AFAR Media
- Sharon Flax-Brutus, CEO, White Oleander Destinations
- William Griffith, CEO, WCG Consulting
- Jacqueline Johnson, CEO, Global Bridal Group
- Seleni Matus, Executive Director, International Institute of Tourism Studies, George Washington University
Chairman of the Allied Board: Mr. William Griffith
Executive Committee of the Board of Directors – the management committee of the Board of Directors taking decisions on all aspects of CTO’s work in between meetings of the Board. The Executive Committee’s non-Government representation includes: One (1) Allied Member, Two (2) Carrier Members, Two (2) Affiliate Members from CHTA and Two (2) Chapter Members
The CTO Secretariat – under direction from the Secretary General, the Secretariat is responsible for the implementation of the general policies of CTO as established by the Council of Tourism Ministers and the Board of Directors.
The CTO Member Network –represents a global community of government, private sector, developmental and special interests stakeholders working to advance the sustainability of Caribbean tourism.