CTO Annual Statistical Report 2019
The Caribbean destinations received an estimated 32.0 million international tourist arrivals in 2019, 4.4% or some 1.3 million more than the 30.7 million of 2018. The region has maintained its 2.2% share of global arrivals from the previous year as destinations impacted during the 2017 hurricane season continued to recover. Improved air connectivity between regional destinations and their source markets, new and or enhanced local tourism infrastructure and marketing efforts abroad helped drive demand in 2019.
For the period January to February, six destinations recorded decreases in tourist arrivals, the smallest of which was registered in Martinique (-54.9%). The contractions in arrivals in the other destinations reporting for this period varied from -72.9% in Guyana to -92.6% in St. Kitts & Nevis.
* ALL PRICES IN US. Please review the CTO Terms of Sale before purchasing.
* To buy the Annual Report, please email Sharon Coward (scoward @ caribtourism.com).
- An Overview of the Report
- Highlights of Caribbean Tourism Performance in past year
- Statistical Overview of Caribbean Tourism past year
- Individual Country Statistics
- Economic Review of the Caribbean for past year