CTO Annual Statistical Report 2017 available.
“The Caribbean destinations received an estimated 30.6 million international tourist arrivals in 2017 or some 700 thousand more than the 29.9 million of 2016. Growth was hindered in the aftermath of two powerful hurricanes which passed through the region in September. Thus, the region’s share of global arrivals contracted marginally and stood at 2.3% at the end of 2017 compared to 2.4% in 2016.
The region benefitted from high demand for outbound travel from the United States, better economic conditions globally and an increase in airlift between the main markets and the region. Consequently, visitation to the region was higher in each of the first eight months of 2017 than during the corresponding months of 2016. Tourist visits peaked in April (11.2%) which coincided with the Easter celebration during the month. These performances were counterbalanced by the declines during the period of September to December. The decline in each month ranged from -5.8% to -7.4%.”
* ALL PRICES IN US. Please review the CTO Terms of Sale before purchasing.
* To buy the 2017 Annual Report via Paypal, click HERE.
* To buy the Annual Report offline, please email Paula Harris ([email protected]) or call 1-246-427-5242.
- An Overview of the Report
- Highlights of Caribbean Tourism Performance in past year
- Statistical Overview of Caribbean Tourism past year
- Individual Country Statistics
- Economic Review of the Caribbean for past year