British Virgin Islands Tourist Board: RFP – website development www.bvitourism.com
This request for proposal (RFP) is for a website to support the BVI Tourist Board’s (BVITB’s) marketing goals and objectives and compliments the organization’s worldwide mission. This RFP provides project background and describes the specific tasks to be accomplished by the contracted developer.
Statement of Interest Deadline – Aug. 15, 2019
Download full RFP document (WORD).
Call for the Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Management of 68 Room Hotel in Portsmouth, Dominica
Deadline: September 2, 2019
Background of Hotel in Portsmouth, Dominica
Key Project Features
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica is seeking expressions of interest from appropriately skilled hotel managers/or owners to lease or manage the Hotel, situated on Purple Turtle Beach, on the north shoreline of Prince Rupert Bay, Portsmouth, Dominica. The Prince Rupert Bay is a natural anchorage popular with the Caribbean yachting community.
The Hotel is nearing completion and is being built by the Government of Morocco in partnership with the Government of Dominica.
The Hotel is situated in a prime location in the North of the island of Dominica. It is located near to the Cabrits Cruise ship berth and the Historic Cabrits National Park and Marine Reserve.
The Hotel currently has a total of 68 rooms comprising 54 standard rooms and 14 suites, conference and spa facilities.
All of the hotel rooms are afforded spectacular views across the bay towards the highest mountain range in Dominica. The hotel is therefore well situated to service a mix of business and leisure visitors.
Description of Requirement
The Government of Dominica hereby invites local and foreign or multinational companies with demonstrated financial capability and experience in managing and operating resort hotels to submit written Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the management of the Hotel.
The Applicants must have the following experience and capacity.
Hotel Management Experience
The Applicant shall have a proven experience operating and maintaining at least one 4-star and above category hotel of a minimum of 70 rooms for 5 years.
The Applicant must show and prove its access to credit facilities and credentials with at least one internationally recognized bank. The managing company will be required to pay a non-refundable commitment fee, at the time of execution of the Management Agreement. Accordingly, the Applicant must submit a letter from its banker stating that the Applicant is capable of providing or procuring the funds required for this commitment fee.
The EOI shall consist of the following:
- Company Profile: Name, Country of incorporation, address of the corporate headquarters and its branch office(s), date of incorporation and/or commencement of business.
- Brief description of the Company including details of its main lines of business and proposed role and responsibilities, including website URL and brochures for reference, as well as profile of management staff, stating qualifications and experience.
- Tax clearance certificates for last two years as well as Annual Audited Financial reports of the last three (3) financial years. The financial year would be the same as the one normally followed by the Applicant for its Annual Report. At least one bank reference letter written by an internationally recognized bank, stating the financial situation of the Applicant and its access to credit facilities. Details of any litigation history (past or current).
- Details of individual(s) who will serve as the point of contact within the company for communication with the Government of Dominica: Name, designation, address, power of attorney from the Applicant, telephone number, email address, fax number.
- The Applicant shall provide evidence of the requirements referred to in Hotel Management Experience and Financial Capability.
- The applicant should indicate their preference of a lease or management contract; and provide a sample contract including the terms and conditions under which you are expressing interest.
Parties will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- Experience in managing and operating resort hotels of similar or higher star rating classification.
- Financial soundness.
- This call for an EOI does not constitute a solicitation. The Government of Dominica reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement at any time during the EOI and/or selective tender process without assigning any reason thereof. Thus, submitting a reply to this call for an EOI does not automatically guarantee that the party will be considered for the selective tender process.
- Applicants may schedule site visit to ensure understanding of the opportunity and the requirement of the Expression of Interest by contacting Mr. Roland Royer at [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of Expression of Interest is before 1600 hours on September 2, 2019. Any Expression of Interest received after this deadline will not be considered.
The EOIs must be addressed and submitted in a sealed envelope marked confidential to:
CABINET SUB-COMMITTEE ON CABRITS RESORT HOTEL & SPA
6TH FLOOR FINANCIAL CENTER
KENNEDY AVE, ROSEAU
COMMONWEALTH OF DOMINICA