DOMINICA – Call for Expression of Interest – Development of the Voluntourism Niche Market
Deadline – Dec. 14, 2018
Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) wishes to engage a Consultant to develop and diversify its Voluntourism Plan.
The events of Hurricane Maria in September 2017 forced Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) to review its strategy in tourism development and pursue new forms of tourism such as Voluntourism. Consequently, local service providers developed packages which motivated volunteers to assist Dominica in its recovery and rebuilding efforts. Packages developed were focused on:
- Clearing & cleaning of tourist sites/attractions
- Beach clean-up
- Waitukubuli National Trail segments clean up
- Cleaning of dive sites
- River dredging
- Tree planting
Fifteen (15) months following the passage of Hurricane Maria, Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) wishes to engage a Consultant to:
- Develop and diversify the Voluntoruism plan
- Develop a blueprint and strategic plan for the Voluntourism Niche
- Determine the viability of the Voluntourism niche post Hurricane Maria
- Conduct and impart knowledge on the Voluntourism niche
- Review existing packages and determine viability
- Develop program of activities in keeping with the Voluntourism Theme
The consultancy will run from for a three (3) month period following the signing of contract.
DDA invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, business profile, etc.).
Suitably qualified consultants will be short-listed and invited to submit proposals.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Expressions of interest must be delivered by email to the address below by Friday, December 14, 2018
Kathleen Cuffy Jno Jules
Product Promotions Manager
Mail: [email protected]
Tel: 1 767 448 2045 Fax: 1 1767 448 5840