Anguilla: In-Market Sales and Marketing Representative
Deadline: Nov. 12, 2021
The Anguilla Tourist Board (A.T.B.) is the destination marketing and management organisation for Anguilla responsible for uniting tourism interests of the on-and off-island stakeholders and partners to coordinate destination marketing, destination development and partnerships. A unique destination, voted the #1 Island in the Caribbean, Anguilla plans to invest in innovative destination marketing programs.
The Anguilla Tourist Board is seeking the ideal candidate to serve as In-Market Sales and Marketing Representative. The role of the successful candidate will be to plan and implement the destination’s marketing and sales activities, understand the full marketing mix and be familiar with analyzing market research and consumer behavior.
The representative will be tasked with selling, promoting, and securing group and leisure travel business opportunities for Anguilla as well as retain and grow existing leisure market.
Applicant must reside in the United States of America.
- Proven track record as a Sales, Marketing and Event Planning Professional
- Extensive knowledge of marketing tools and techniques
- Execllent computer skills, including Microsfot Office, web analytics, and google Adwords
- Communication, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Tourism and hospitality experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing sales plans to create awareness of destination and aggressively pursue all leisure travel opportunities
- Responsibilities include selling to specific accounts, create and deliver sales presentations/proposals, destination visits, generate qualified leads and issuing sales leads to industry partners, including hotels and villa rental companies.
- Nurture relationships with current accounts and secure new accounts by working with tour operators, wholesalers, receptive tour agencies and planners, online travel agencies, travel agents and other Domestic/International buyers and planners of travel that have not utilized Anguilla.
- Responsible for maintenance and coordination of existing files/accounts and ensuring all accounts, customer information and sales activities are entered into sales report. Responsible for data entry of all pertinent information of the account status by logging activity reports and trace dates to continuously update progress and contact with each account.
- Must be able to travel, when necessary, to any US destination for business development purposes. Coordinate and execute tradeshows and events as assigned.
- Coordinate sales trips and events with head office team.
- Maintain visibility in the marketplace through membership and participation at chapter meetings of travel associations and travel agent consortia, to increase business opportunities.
- Responsible for producing monthly reports, participation in conference calls, review of leads as assigned by supervisor. Management of assigned budgets and submission of expense reports accurately and timely.
- Preparing and completing action plans.
- Determine market demand and identify potential market segments
- Traveling domestically to promote destination, attends trade shows and events, and leads educational webinars as required.
- Must be based in the United States.
How to Apply
All applications must be addressed to Chairman, The Anguilla Tourist Board, The Valley, AI-2640, Anguilla. Applications must include the names of two references inclusive of each referee’s position, office or home address, e-mail address and telephone number. Applications must be sent electronically to [email protected] on or before November 12, 2021.
Andros, The Bahamas: TOR Cluster Project Manager – Andros Community Based Tourism
Deadline: October 29, 2021
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is seeking a Cluster Project Manager with strong facilitation and project management skills to lead the implementation of the Andros Community-Based Tourism Cluster Development Plan in The Bahamas.
The objective of this consultancy is to implement a Cluster Development Plan towards building the overall capacity and sustainability of the Andros Community-Based Tourism cluster, through technical assistance funding .