- Tobago Tourism Agency Ltd: Human Resource Specialist
Tobago Tourism Agency Ltd: Human Resource Specialist
Deadline: March 9, 2021
The Human Resource Specialist has lead responsibility for the recruitment, placement and orientation of
the right talent within the Tobago Tourism Agency Limited. The Human Resource Specialist will also
oversee employees’ satisfaction and productivity ensuring that staff are well-equipped to carry out their functions; and will lead on the development of an Employee Handbook.
- Grenada: TOR for PR Representation in the UK
Grenada: TOR for PR Representation in the UK
Deadline: March 8, 2021
This document details the requirements for person(s), companies or agencies desirous of representing the tri-island state of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique in the United Kingdom. It outlines the specific responsibilities that will be performed by the successful candidate and states the scope of work under which that representation will operate. It also stipulates the criteria by which success will be measured.
The importance of the tourism sector to Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique’s economy cannot be overstated. Tourism has emerged as the leader in the generation of jobs, incomes and foreign exchange; therefore, realizing the full potential of this industry is the ultimate objective.
The United Kingdom represents 18% of Grenada’s visitors and is the second largest source market; therefore, having professional representation is paramount to the destination’s success in this market. It is important to note that the destination’s brand is Pure Grenada, the Spice of the Caribbean signifying our tactical geo tourism positioning which will guide the work of the Public Relations representative/company.
To provide professional Public Relations services within the UK market, with the aim of increasing visibility of the destination among UK travelers and the volume of visitors from the UK.
Scope of Work
The scope of work shall include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Public Relations
- Social Media Support
- PR Reports
The Contractor is required to:
- Develop a Public Relations programme and strategy annually for the approval of the GTA that provides additional brand exposure and positions the destination for year round tourism business.
- Identify target audience including key media partners, both individuals and companies.
- Script and issue press releases on the destination approved by the GTA.
- Arrange visits to the destination by influential media personnel, writers and social influencers as circumstances permit, to drive the destination’s profile and visibility in the marketplace.
- Develop, maintain and service a database of industry partners, especially tour operators, travel agents, airlines, and other travel trade partners to be submitted to the GTA on an annual basis (meeting global data sharing requirements).
- Identify, negotiate and action media opportunities advantageous to the destination.
- Identify and develop relationships with specialist writers consistent with product niches/offerings.
- Identify, pursue and secure unique promotional opportunities for Grenada in areas such as – hosting special events, film shoots, modelling shoots, etc.
- Provide crisis communication support to the GTA.
- Provide public relations support at UK Trade Shows and other initiatives.
- Cultivate a strong understanding of Grenada’s product, festivals, service providers etc.
- Build a strong working relationship with local service Tourism stakeholders.
- Negotiate partnerships/packages to raise the destination’s profile and reinforce our brand and unique selling proposition.
- Support with planning/dissemination of social media content produced by the GTA team.
Additional General Provisions
The contractor will also be required to undertake the following:
- Provide information on trends and other PR intelligence
- Attend meetings/seminars to assist the GTA in negotiations for airlift into the destination as may be necessary
- Work closely with the GTA’s representatives in the UK market
- Provide monthly and annual PR reports
- Manage GTA’s UK public relations budget to the country’s advantage
The successful candidate is expected to produce the following:
- Successful execution of all events, tradeshows and promotions-ROI to be determined by the GTA
- Management of any assigned budget within parameters given
- Growth of media database within global data compliance
- Meeting minimum requirements for press releases with documented pick up by media houses.
- Media exposure – articles, blog posts, TV ads etc.
- Growth in database of media partners, agents and operators
- Provision of monthly and annual reports
The services of the representative will be required over a period not exceeding one (1) year to undertake the various activities outlined in the Terms of Reference (TOR).
All reports and press clippings shall be submitted electronically to the Grenada Tourism Authority.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful representative should have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years communications expertise and experience working in the travel and tourism industry internationally.
- Should possess a minimum five years’ experience in Caribbean Tourism Destination Representation, or Caribbean Product Management experience within a UK Tour Operator at a senior level.
- A proven track record in the media, or public relations, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Strong network relationships with the UK media, including staff journalists, freelancers, bloggers, vloggers, and influencers to keep the island top of mind.
- The ability to respond quickly in today’s fast changing tourism landscape.
- Priority given to a team with at least one member that is in contact with the UK Grenadian Diaspora and Caribbean communities.
- The ability to respond professionally to enquiries from: the travel industry, Consumers, Grenadian community, Media, Potential partners
The successful representative should also be able to:
- Develop a close working relationship with the Grenada High Commissioner, airline partners and GTA team.
- Develop relationships with influencers from the Caribbean diaspora, as well as with influencers targeting Grenada’s USPs.
Terms and Conditions
The contract will outline this aspect.
(must include the following):
- Company Profile (inclusive of team, accomplishments and partnerships)
- Destination Situational Analysis
- Approach-Objectives, Strategy and Program for Grenada
- Representation Budget
Please submit your proposal on or before March 8, 2021 to [email protected]
- Guyana: RFP
RFP for Market Representation Services for the Guyana Tourism Authority in Three Core Markets – North American, UK/Benelux and German Speaking (Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Belgium) Markets
Deadline: March 23, 2021
The Guyana Tourism Authority is seeking proposals from experienced agencies for Market Representation Services for a period of twenty-four (24) months in the following three (3) core markets:
- North America (USA and Canada)
- United Kingdom /Benelux
- German Speaking Markets (Germany, Switzerland, Austria)
Proposals for each market must be treated separately. The goals of this proposal are to:
- Continue raising awareness of Guyana as nature, adventure and culturally-based sustainable destination on the global market
- Increase leisure and business travel from source and investment markets
- Generate sales and investment opportunities for local business
- Support collaboration and information sharing between stakeholders
The full Call for Proposal for each market can be downloaded from the Authority’s website www.guyanatourism.com/requestforproposals/ or Dropbox hyperlink on each market listed above. Proposals should include the company’s profile, capabilities and experience in providing such services.
Inquiries are welcomed up to and including noon of March 16, 2021 to Mrs. Annarie Seecharan, Senior Manager of Destination Marketing, Guyana Tourism Authority at [email protected] and copy to Ms. Liloutie Mangra, Senior Manager of Finance, Guyana Tourism Authority at [email protected]. The GTA would appreciate it if you would inform the Managers by e-mail:
- Acknowledge receipt of this notice of invitation
- Whether or not you will be submitting a proposal
Proposals shall be submitted no later than March 23, 2021 at 09:00h to the address and specifications listed in the RFP.
For more information, contact the Guyana Tourism Authority at +592 219 0094-6. Visit our official website: www.guyanatourism.com or follow us on @DiscoverGuyana on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.