St Kitts Tourism Authority Vacancy: Sales & Marketing Rep, Northeast USA
Deadline: Friday 14th October 2022
The St. Kitts Tourism Authority (SKTA) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Sales & Marketing Representative, Northeast United States.
The Northeast Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to increase stayover visitation to St. Kitts via, but not limited to, the American Airlines and United Airlines gateways specifically from the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. The post holder will be tasked with selling, promoting, and securing group and leisure travel opportunities in addition to retaining and growing existing segment activity.
The post holder will also develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive communications with the travel trade and MICE planners, in addition to completing special projects as assigned by the Trade Relations Specialist and US Marketing Manager. The post holder must be flexible to work on weekends and public holidays and travel when necessary.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Fully develop transient market segments (Retail, Consortia, luxury agencies, leisure, dive, and MICE market) and achieve room night and load factor goals in these segments.
• Prepare an annual sales plan and budget for travel and other business expenses to complement sales plan targeting specific high value accounts and prospects.
• Develop and execute annual and quarterly marketing plans to shift market share to the destination of St. Kitts targeting specific high value accounts.
• Focus on personal sales efforts to achieve maximum revenue return from key accounts.
• Emphasize higher rated, less price sensitive business and leisure travel for St. Kitts.
• Maintain telephone and outside solicitation, travel agency training, sales calls, and presentations.
• Review monthly production and develop action plans to improve market share.
• Participate in weekly sales meetings, monthly sales meetings, stand up daily and monthly sales meetings as assigned by the CEO and DCEO, Trade Relations Specialist, and Marketing Manager.
• Responsible for logging, maintaining, and coordinating activity related to existing/future accounts, customer information, and interactions in CRM and in monthly sales reports.
• Maintain visibility in the marketplace through membership and participation at meetings with travel associations regional chapters.
• Organize and participate in trade & consumer travel shows where appropriate.
• Other duties may include working in another geographic, area outside of the Northeast, to support the sales team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of Caribbean Tourism, Airline or hotel sales experience preferred.
• Strong understanding and expertise in the Caribbean sales process.
• Experience in Travel Industry sales preferred and established network.
• Strong communication skills including group presentations, written, and oral.
• Strong computer and digital skills.
• Vaccinated against COVID-19 virus preferred.
• Commensurate with one’s qualifications.
Interested persons should apply by Friday 14th October 2022. Kindly forward your applications accompanied by a resume to the Chief Executive Officer, St. Kitts Tourism Authority, Pelican Mall, Bay Road, Basseterre or at email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Request for EOI Consulting Services (Individual Consultant)
Dominica Essential Oils and Spices Cooperative Limited (DEOSC)
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) has received financing from the Compete Caribbean Partnership Facility (CCPF) to support, inter alia, the implementation of a Cluster Development Plan for the Dominica Community-Based Tourism Cluster Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The CTO now invites interested eligible individual consultants to submit Expressions of Interest as well as updated CV/Resume, indicating qualifications and experience to provide the consultancy service in response to criteria outlined in this Request for Expressions of Interest.
Invitation to Tender: Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (the Centre) intends to award a supply contract for the design, supply, installation, and commissioning to include all labour, equipment, transportation, and tools to install a 300KWp (AC output) grid-tie Solar PV System at Port Mourant Water Treatment Plant, GWI with associated Auxiliary Works: Site preparation & Landscaping, Fencing, Security Lights and construction of Technical Building.