Our annual Caribbean Travel Media Awards will be held on Monday 4 November 2019 from 18.00 – 20.00 as part of our WTM activities. Venue is TBA.
We would like to invite you to be part of the 13th edition of this well- established event, by either joining us as a sponsor, or by attending the event. This renowned event has been attracting over 60 high level media every year, and will surely provide worthwhile networking opportunities with some of the UK’s leading media professionals.
Along with all the networking and business opportunities, the highlight of the evening will be the CTO’s 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards, where the CTO will recognise and reward the media for the past year’s best travel journalism featuring the Caribbean region.
The 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards have been updated with changes including Best Online and Best Blogger Feature/post being merged into one category and the exclusion of Photojournalism as a category on its own. A new entry criterion now specifies that the Best Caribbean Roundup entry must include a minimum of three Caribbean destinations.
Past events have proven very popular with attendees from the national press, prominent glossy magazines and bloggers. The event will provide you with an excellent platform to discuss ideas with media who are already supporters of the region and those who are keen to learn more.
OPTION 1: Headline Sponsor for the Caribbean Travel Media Awards (CTMA) – 1 Available
Cost: £2,500 (VAT Inclusive)
- Mention in all media releases pre and post the Caribbean Media Awards (CTMA)
- Welcome message by head of delegation / spokesperson.
- Five (5) tickets to attend the CTMA.
- Opportunity to network with over 60 leading members of the UK Media in attendance.
- Full contact list of all Media attendees post CTMA.
- Logo included on one award.
- Presentation of the award.
- An official photograph of the winners and headline sponsor.
- Opportunity to provide 3 images for the presentation that will be looped during the CTMA.
- Opportunity to play 30 – 60 second destination video.
- Video interview opportunity to be broadcasted across CTO’s online platforms.
- A banner advert on the CTO consumer website www.caribbean.co.uk in November for two weeks.
- An advert or editorial in the CTO’s monthly travel agent newsletter distributed to over 4,600 agents (month to be agreed)
- Featured as the headline sponsor in all pre and post event Social Media activity.
- Branding on the night (sponsor to supply up to two pop-up banners or banding of choice).
- Option to provide branded bags or promotional material for all media present.
OPTION 2: Sponsorship of an Award (8 Available) & Attendance at the Event
Cost: £620 (VAT inclusive)
- Three (3) tickets to the Caribbean Travel media Awards.
- Opportunity to network with over 60 leading members of the UK media.
- Full list of all attendees post event.
- Your company logo included on one award.
- A member of your team will present the award.
- An official group photograph will be provided of the winners and sponsors.
- Opportunity to provide 3 images for the presentation that will be on a loop during the evening.
- Post event PR and Social Media exposure for your company post the event.
OPTION 3: Attendance at the Event – Send up to three members of your team to network with the media on the night.
Cost: £340 (VAT inclusive)
- Three tickets to the event.
- Opportunity to network with over 60 leading members of the UK media.
Your support is paramount to the success of this event! Please let us know by Friday 23 August 2019 if you are able to support the event, by completing the booking form at https://forms.gle/JRMAAh2z645AFFji6 .
Please do not hesitate to contact us here at the CTO UK office if you have any queries on 020 8948 0057 or email us at [email protected]
- Submit entries
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is delighted to announce that nominations are now open for the Annual Caribbean Travel Media Awards to be held on Monday 4 November 2019.
CTO members, their public relations agencies or qualified UK or Irish-based media or bloggers can begin submitting their entries, published or broadcast, between 1 September 2018 and 30 June 2019. The closing date for entries is 13 September 2019.
The 2019 Caribbean Travel Media Awards have been updated with changes including Best Online and Best Blogger Feature/post being merged into one category and the exclusion of Photojournalism as a category on its own. A new entry criterion now specifies that the Best Caribbean Roundup entry must include a minimum of three Caribbean destinations, while Social Media entries may not be campaigns created solely by members or their respective PR’s.
The final eight categories are as follows:
1. Best travel trade feature
2. Best national newspaper feature
3. Best regional newspaper feature
4. Best consumer feature
5. Best broadcast (TV and radio) feature
6. Best online or blog feature/post
7. Best Social Media Campaign
8. Best Caribbean Round Up
Carol Hay, the CTO’s director of marketing for UK and Europe, said, “We are looking forward to another successful year of the Caribbean Travel Media Awards and urge our members, journalists and bloggers to take this opportunity to share their original and engaging Caribbean stories that continue to inspire audiences to choose the Caribbean. We hope that the early submission date will help with getting entries through smoothly and urge all participants to take note of the closing dates and full entry criteria.”
The CTO Travel Media Awards celebrate and reward the very best representation of the Caribbean by the media industry in the areas of writing, digital media, broadcast media and publishing. Applications are invited from CTO Destination Members and UK Chapter Members, the full spectrum of Media itself and public relations and representation companies based in the UK.
The CTO has once again assembled a panel of experts to judge the entries, with key figures in publishing, tourism and leisure represented and the first nominations will be announced on Monday 14 October. The winners and finalists of the Awards will be announced on Monday 4 November 2019, at the Annual Caribbean Travel Media Awards event which will be held during World Travel Market at a new venue to be announced shortly.
All media will be invited to join the celebration as guests of the CTO and sponsoring partners, while tickets for CTO members, hotel partners and their respective PR agencies are available from [email protected] or call 0208 948 0057.
Important Submission Information
- Please ensure all submissions reflect media and social media coverage published online or in print between 1 September 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- Submissions must be made via the online process at caribbean.co.uk/trade/ctotravelawards using the official entry form caribbean.co.uk/trade/ctotravelawards/submission. Eligible participants may enter for as many categories as they wish but may not submit more than one (1) entry per category. Each entry must be made on a separate form.
- Print articles must include a PDF or a screen grab of the article and web link if possible.
- Broadcast submissions must include a copy of the broadcast, transcript and digital link.
- Social Media Campaigns must include Campaigns where at least three platforms are involved in the activity with a summary stat report and pdf or screen grabs of posts.
- Blog or Online entries must include a workable web link(s) to the feature(s) and pdf or jpeg (or legible scanned copy).
- All entries must include the name(s) and contact details of the journalist(s) or bloggers being nominated.
- Please refer to the full guidelines for entry criteria per category or ask for a copy from [email protected]
- Please submit all entries by Friday 13 September 2019. Late entries will not be judged!
- By submitting an entry, you give permission to the CTO to use your entry in promoting the Caribbean Travel Media Awards.