Caribbean Media Marketplace is the preeminent regional event at which to build relationships and network.
For nearly two decades Caribbean Media Marketplace has been connecting leading travel and consumer journalists with top regional industry officials and their representatives, including ministers and directors of tourism and hotel executives. Caribbean Media Marketplace enables these senior tourism officials to make top-level journalist contacts and influence the media’s future output.
During this period approximately 2600 journalists including writers, news and features editors, videographers, photojournalists, bloggers and vloggers, have attended the event, and have helped to spread the stories about our participating countries and private sector companies.
Even in this digital age, the opportunity to get up close and personal remains a preferred method to maximize opportunities for stories, fact find, explore possibilities for press trips and foster relationships, making Caribbean Media Marketplace the place to be!
This year the event will take place on Thursday, June 7, 2018 from 9:30am – 12:00noon in the Grand Ballroom of the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel, 481 Eighth Avenue, New York City. This is a new time so please make note of it.
The schedule for the day will be as follows:
9:00am – 9:30am :
Television Stations visit and film at Media Marketplace in the Grand Ballroom
9:30pm – 12:00noon:
Media Marketplace opens to the Media.
10:00pm – 12:00noon:
One-on-one interviews between Ministers/heads of delegations and select media outlets in the Crystal Ballroom.
If you have not yet done so, please indicate your Minister’s or Head of delegation’s attendance to Kahn Travel Communications so that interviews may be scheduled. Send the information to Theresa Oakes: [email protected] | Tel: 516-594-4100.
EXHIBITORS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SERVE FOOD OR DRINK DURING MEDIA MARKETPLACE.
CTO PROVIDES REFRESHMENTS DURING THE EVENT COFFEE AND HOSTS A RECEPTION FOR EXHIBITORS AND MEDIA AT THE END OF MARKETPLACE
The participation options are as follows:
- If you have secured a BOOTH, we will provide a 6ft skirted table, 3 chairs and signage. No pipe and drape will be provided. Participants must provide all branding for their booth. If you plan to use a pop-up display, of any sort, you must reserve booth space as tabletops cannot sustain any large displays or standing backdrops. Booths will be located in an area that provides for backdrop displays, but displays may not exceed 8 ft. in height. Booth spaces will measure approximately 8 ft. wide and 8 ft. deep.
- If you have secured a TABLETOP, we will provide a 6ft. skirted table, 3 chairs and signage. The table may be placed in a location that requires tabletop displays to be small enough so as not to obstruct neighboring exhibitors. Pop-up displays and backdrops are NOT permitted because tabletops may be located in the middle of the room and displays may obstruct the neighboring exhibitor. Booth spaces will measure approximately 8ft. by 6ft.
- If you have secured a SHARED TABLETOP, we will provide you half of a six-foot table and one chair. CTO will arrange shares, if necessary. Materials must fit on half of the table and may not obstruct the other exhibitor. No pop-up displays will be permitted.
Should you require more than the maximum number of representatives included in your registration, you may submit a request for additional representatives from the limited number that are available.
We are inviting qualified travel writers representing print, broadcast and Web-based outlets. We qualify each writer so that this event remains the leading event for journalists interested in the Caribbean tourism industry. We welcome input from public relations colleagues interested in inviting qualified writers who may not have attended in the past.
Since this event is designed to benefit the entire region, we ask that governments and hoteliers avoid making plans to host writers on June 6th and 7th to avoid conflict with this official Caribbean Week event. Governments may wish to host media at the Media Awards Dinner which will take place later that evening.
- All exhibitors will be provided with signage.
- The Caribbean Tourism Industry Awards Dinner at which the Media Awards will be presented. Media Marketplace and will take place from 6:30pm – 11:00pm that evening.
- Media Marketplace set-up will begin at 8:00am.
- Doors will open to all media at 9:30am.
We suggest you bring materials with you and not ship them to the hotel to avoid any potential complications. If you prefer to ship items, please arrange to have them shipped to arrive no earlier than Tuesday, June 5.
Address all shipments as follows:
Caribbean Week New York
Caribbean Media Marketplace
Wyndham New Yorker
Grand Ballroom, 2nd Floor | 481 Eighth Avenue | New York, NY 10001
Hold for (NAME OF EXHIBITING COMPANY)
AV equipment/electrical connections and easels will be available at the exhibitor’s expense and will be subject to space availability, time and noise limitations. Those interested in securing AV equipment are asked to contact the AV provider:
Mr. Harvey Gourdine
[email protected] | Tel: 201-340-2290 | Cell: 347-525-1290 | Fax: 201-340-2108
We suggest that governments and hoteliers use this event to pre-qualify writers they are interested in hosting on future press trips. We also encourage you to collect business cards to build your database of journalists.