Why Join CTO?
Be a part of the community of Caribbean travel and tourism leaders.
Meet and network with Caribbean tourism’s top executives and policy makers including Ministers, Commissioners and Directors of Tourism.
Get ahead of your competition by gaining access to market intelligence, research and industry trends information from CTO.
Gain global exposure for your brand via the Caribbean Tourism Development Company, the marketing company jointly owned with the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association.
APPLY FOR GOVERNMENT OR AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP
APPLY FOR NON GOVERNMENT MEMBERSHIP
APPLY FOR CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP
Types of CTO Membership
Membership is open to “any country being of or accepted as being part of the Caribbean region that…is able and willing to exercise the rights and assume the obligations of membership.”
These are international and regional air carriers, and international and regional passenger sea carriers serving the Caribbean area.
These are companies, corporations, firms, organizations, agencies and individuals providing goods and services to, or otherwise engaged in the tourism industry of the Caribbean. Join CTO as an Allied Member.
These are voluntary marketing extensions of CTO, comprising government members, private sector members and retail travel agents who organize in communities where there is a need for a specific forum in which to develop and promote travel to the Caribbean.
Retail Travel Agency Members
These are companies, firms, corporations, organizations or agencies qualified to provide services relating to tours, cruises, transportation, hotel accommodation, meals, transfers, sightseeing and other elements of travel to the public as a service.
These are such organizations in the tourism industry, the objectives and activities of which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, complement those of CTO.
More Benefits of CTO Membership
- Be recognized as “preferred partners” to have their services utilized by CTO and its members.
- Meet with tourism executives in the private sector-hoteliers, media, airlines and cruise lines, tour operators and travel agents.
- Be represented on the CTO Board of Directors and to elect their representatives.
- Meet with leading executives and trend influencers from tour operators, hotels, media, airlines, cruise lines, and travel companies.
- Use of CTO forums in key markets to distribute your promotional materials.
- Gain membership to, and serve on a CTO Technical Committee and influence decisions that affect the development of Caribbean tourism.
- Gain access to password-protected membership-only areas of the CTO corporate site: www.OneCaribbean.org.
- Expose your products and services on CTO websites.
- Receive special members-only advertising rates in select publications.
- Gain media exposure for your brand.
- Showcase your products and services at targeted events.
- Become eligible for a seat on and elect representatives to the CTO Board of Directors.
- Obtain special rates to participate in the annual State of the Industry Conference, the annual Caribbean Conference on Sustainable Tourism and other CTO events.
- Access thousands of travel agents who are pre-qualified to sell the Caribbean tourism product through the CTO Chapters.
- Gain preferential access to sponsorship opportunities.
Regional Authorizing Agency
CTO also functions as the Regional Authorizing Agency for several regional tourism aid programs and therefore acts as a central coordinating body and an instrument of negotiation for a number of major programs. CTO has close working relationships and has collaborated with the following organizations:
- Association of Caribbean States(ACS)
- Caribbean Commonwealth Secretariat (CARICOM)
- Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
- Caribbean Hotel Association (CHA)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Caribbean/Latin America Action (CLAA)
- DEVCO (Netherlands Antilles)
- European Union(EU)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- International Development Research Center (IDRC)
- Inter-American Foundation (IAF)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Ryerson Polytechnic Institute(RPI)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- University of the West Indies (UWI)
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- World Tourism Organization (WTO)
- World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)