Why Join CTO?
Be a part of the community of Caribbean travel and tourism leaders.
Meet and network with Caribbean tourism’s top executives and policy makers including Ministers, Commissioners and Directors of Tourism.
Get ahead of your competition by gaining access to market intelligence, research and industry trends information from CTO.
APPLY FOR GOVERNMENT OR AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP
APPLY FOR NON GOVERNMENT MEMBERSHIP
View membership categories, benefits, fees and application form.
Types of CTO Membership
Membership is open to “any country being of or accepted as being part of the Caribbean region that…is able and willing to exercise the rights and assume the obligations of membership.”
These are international and regional air carriers, and international and regional passenger sea carriers serving the Caribbean area.
These are companies, corporations, firms, organizations, agencies and individuals providing goods and services to, or otherwise engaged in the tourism industry of the Caribbean. Join CTO as an Allied Member.
Retail Travel Agency Members
These are companies, firms, corporations, organizations or agencies qualified to provide services relating to tours, cruises, transportation, hotel accommodation, meals, transfers, sightseeing and other elements of travel to the public as a service.
These are such organizations in the tourism industry, the objectives and activities of which, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, complement those of CTO.
More Benefits of CTO Membership
- Be recognized as “preferred partners” to have their services utilized by CTO and its members.
- Meet with tourism executives in the private sector-hoteliers, media, airlines and cruise lines, tour operators and travel agents.
- Become eligible for a seat on and elect representatives to the CTO Board of Directors.
- Meet with leading executives and trend influencers from tour operators, hotels, media, airlines, cruise lines, and travel companies.
- Gain membership to, and serve on a CTO Technical Committee and influence decisions that affect the development of Caribbean tourism.
- Gain access to password-protected membership-only areas of the CTO corporate site: www.OneCaribbean.org.
- Expose your products and services on CTO websites.
- Gain media exposure for your brand.
- Showcase your products and services at targeted events.
- Obtain special rates to participate in the annual State of the Industry Conference, the annual Caribbean Conference on Sustainable Tourism and other CTO events.
- Gain preferential access to sponsorship opportunities.
- Use of CTO forums in key markets to distribute your promotional materials.
Regional Authorizing Agency
CTO also functions as the Regional Authorizing Agency for several regional tourism aid programs and therefore acts as a central coordinating body and an instrument of negotiation for a number of major programs. CTO has close working relationships and has collaborated with the following organizations:
- Association of Caribbean States(ACS)
- Caribbean Commonwealth Secretariat (CARICOM)
- Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
- Caribbean Hotel Association (CHA)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Caribbean/Latin America Action (CLAA)
- DEVCO (Netherlands Antilles)
- European Union(EU)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- International Development Research Center (IDRC)
- Inter-American Foundation (IAF)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Ryerson Polytechnic Institute(RPI)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- University of the West Indies (UWI)
- US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- World Tourism Organization (WTO)
- World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)